Please create a new redirect ad service for large publishers

Plenty of great ideas coming from this forum, let’s put them all in one place.
madfly

Please create a new redirect ad service for large publishers

Post by madfly » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:14 pm

Some people are pessimistic about redirect ads and consider it a bad business model, but from my experience I believe it has the potential to increase significantly the revenue of publishers if used appropriately as a complement to other advertisement models.

Currently advertisement for content pages is the dominant model, but it can not be used to monetize clicks on external links. That's why redirect ads could be used to complement the income provided by content page advertisement.

Yet one can wonder why there isn't A SINGLE large publisher (top 10K sites) using redirect ads. The answer is simple, you do not guarantee the quality of the ads. The rogue advertisers issue is so bad that using redirect ads would be harmful to any reputable publisher.

There is potentially a whole new market here. I believe you could attract large publishers by guaranteeing them the quality of the ads. Large publishers could increase their income significantly without having to deal with the disastrous issues coming along rogue ads. And you would dominate a whole new market. It's a win-win situation.

My advice would be to use another name, something that can not be associated with adfly by users, because let's face it, adfly reputation after years of ongoing rogue ads issues would not be suitable for such a service. The point is users must feel safe using it.