Heres a great suggestion!

Plenty of great ideas coming from this forum, let’s put them all in one place.
adflysucks6969

Heres a great suggestion!

Post by adflysucks6969 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:46 pm

Delete adf.ly. All it does is put viruses before my downloads just so the download creator can get a pretty penny. Virus giving bugs!!! :twisted:

Xellon
Adf.ly Legend

Re: Heres a great suggestion!

Post by Xellon » Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:59 pm

lol. Nice name. I've been monitoring/clicking that skip button for a few years now and I've never once got a virus. Are you using Malwarebytes? I bet they're saying its a virus. Typical of them. There are also several other anti virus companies who are falsely accusing sites of containing viruses which ruins a company or sites reputation.

Makes it hard for advertisers to make a revenue and keep their sites going. I'm a site owner too. Just a normal guy trying to get some traffic and monetize off it. If an anti virus company were to put my site down as "a virus," I'd probably have to give up and beg them to stop.

Anyway, if you actually got a virus, your computer would be in a lot worse shape than it is. Most likely u only have a few tracking cookies, pup, or other spyware which can be removed by simply clearing your cache. You may need something like adware remover so random ads won't appear while you're browsing.

If you do see scareware or get stuck on an ad or see something inappropriate, we would appreciate it if you contact support and let them know about it. - https://support.adf.ly/hc/en-us

but normally if your on windows 10, fully updated, and keep windows defender up to date. You'll be fine as long as you don't install anything you shouldn't.

edit - btw, since you're here, you filled out the captcha? :P