Public-domain movies

Discuses methods of getting traffic though YouTube.
Forum rules
This is a place for discussing legitimate ways to get people to click on your AdF.ly links, it is NOT a place to advertise sites to make money on the Internet. E.g. PTC sites. Any posts like will be deleted and accounts removed. Read the forum rules Here and Here before posting.
seacow
Registered Member

Public-domain movies

Post by seacow » Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:45 am

Since the YouTube forum is locked, this is the next-best place to post the question. Has anyone had any issues with posting public-domain movies to YouTube?

vinay111

Re: Public-domain movies

Post by vinay111 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:31 pm

public domain movies ? :?:

seacow
Registered Member

Post by seacow » Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:48 am

These are movies where the copyright either wasn't applied or expired. There are a lot of books and movies that are free for anyone to use without paying royalties.

rileriscool

Post by rileriscool » Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:58 pm

I'm assuming that would be allowed IF the movies allow you to make money off them

Also please read the TOS (Terms of service) for more info

seacow
Registered Member

Post by seacow » Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:42 am

rileriscool wrote:I'm assuming that would be allowed IF the movies allow you to make money off them

Also please read the TOS (Terms of service) for more info
I was thinking movies that had specifically fallen out of copyright, so there wouldn't be any possibility of legal issue. For instance, there are a lot of books and movies that are so old that there's no longer any copyright on them anywhere. (Stuff like the Don Quixote or Wizard of Oz books.)