Request to admin: Stop AdF.ly Skipper?

Talk about anything related to adf.ly here
Forum rules
If you post adf.ly links here, YOUR AdF.ly ACCOUNT WILL BE SUSPENDED! Do Not post adult links!!
RealHuman
Registered Member

Request to admin: Stop AdF.ly Skipper?

Postby RealHuman » Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:56 pm

Hi i wonder if something can be attempted at break adfly skipper?
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... gmjb?hl=en
https://www.patreon.com/sam_code

If not technically, maybe contact the person or google store?
I don't think it's his right to deny us from revenue and asks donations for it. :roll:

NeonSynth

Re: Request to admin: Stop AdF.ly Skipper?

Postby NeonSynth » Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:57 pm

RealHuman wrote:I don't think it's his right to deny us from revenue and asks donations for it. :roll:

That, and I also don't get what's wrong with waiting for 5 seconds... 5 seconds!

Xellon
Forum Admin

Postby Xellon » Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:34 pm

Ad skipper eh.....

You can say the same for ad block plus. Advertisers has already sued them countless times and lost. A few years ago, adblock starting their "Acceptable Ads initiative" where advertisers can keep in touch with adblock and allow certain safe ads. Basically a white list.

https://adblockplus.org/blog/five-and-o ... hts-online

It's users right to block ads while making sure advertisers get their revenue and its up to companies to be innovate to uphold their business model according to the courts.

However'

adf.ly skip is completely different. Their focus is on one website (us). Now I'm not sure how the skipper works, If it completely removes the advert and just goes straight to the destination site, while user settings are set to stop adblock users in an adfly account, there may be some legal issues according to this - http://blockadblock.com/adblocking/adbl ... n-they-do/

all in all, we can only just combat these blocks. People will always make blocks. That adf.ly skipper was updated on june first cause it didn't work anymore but now it does, now its our turn......

Edit - Just installed adfly skipper. Yea, it completely skips the advert. I'm 75% sure this is illegal to do. I say 75 cause I haven't researched enough xD But it looks like its mostly illegal when it comes to copyright.

RealHuman
Registered Member

Postby RealHuman » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:21 am

Xellon wrote:all in all, we can only just combat these blocks. People will always make blocks. That adf.ly skipper was updated on june first cause it didn't work anymore but now it does, now its our turn......

If you have communication with admin. Please ask him to render it in-utilizable. There must be a way! Thanks! :x

madfly
Registered Member

Postby madfly » Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:26 pm

This is like saying, "stop piracy there must be a way"
guess what, the billions dollars industries of movies or video games still haven't found a way to stop it

I can only see one way to prevent this, if you're the owner of the destination domain, with htaccess rules you could block access if the referrer isn't adfly, otherwise there isn't much you can do about it except asking your users to support you and whatever service you provide

oasis
Pro Member

Postby oasis » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:31 am

There are also online adf.ly decode websites whereby one can just paste/input the adf.ly link & it will give u the actual url. No installation needed & thus many use them. Beside continue to combat these websites endlessly, adfly admin may consider to send them email & request them to stop it based on legal terms.

RealHuman
Registered Member

Postby RealHuman » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:58 pm

Any solution for this cancer? :x
Please admin make an attempt.

Return to “Adf.ly Talk”