Newbie question about CPM

Talk about anything related to adf.ly here
Forum rules
If you post adf.ly links here, YOUR AdF.ly ACCOUNT WILL BE SUSPENDED! Do Not post adult links!!
pitsson

Newbie question about CPM

Postby pitsson » Sat May 19, 2018 5:47 am

HI!
New to this and just used the site for a few month..
I've earnd some Money, and using the adf.ly services each day.
But one thing I don't know about is, CPM, what is it, and how can it be used so to speak?
I saw it with my stats today, like when I hovored over the stats site it said like "Visitors 60, Views 63, CPM $0.76
But this $0.76 aren't someting added to my Money total, so what is it for, and can I trim it and make use of it?
Please dont laugh at a newbie (from sweden, so not even totally know what CPM stands for)

Cheers
Pitsson

Xellon
Adf.ly Legend

Re: Newbie question about CPM

Postby Xellon » Sat May 19, 2018 1:14 pm

You're better of googling this for several reasons. Changes are made on the adnetwork so it works for them.

https://blog.ezoic.com/what-is-cpm-ad-networks/

CPM is cost per mile (or known as cost per thousand impressions). Publishers are paid according to how many times the ad was shown. This is commonly used by advertisers who wish to raise product awareness among consumers.

Since you're probably asking what does it mean as a publisher, consider it a metric that will show you how much you are getting paid per 1000 visitors to your adf.ly link. Here are the payout rates - http://adf.ly/rates

This shows you how much you can earn depending on where a visitor is located. Unique visitors from usa can earn you $12.71 per 1000 views (changes daily so it may not say 12.71 when u look at it). But you will not earn the full 12.71 when you get 1000 clicks. There are visitors who view your links again or who are on proxys which lowers that visitors value. Certain circumstances lowers what you will be paid per visitor. The cpm will show you this.

pitsson

Re: Newbie question about CPM

Postby pitsson » Sun May 20, 2018 11:19 am

Thanks Xellon for explaning for me :)

/Pitsson

Return to “Adf.ly Talk”