NO SELLING ON THE ADF.LY FORUMS

Discuss legitimate methods of obtaining traffic to send to adf.ly
Forum rules
This is a place for discussing legitimate ways to get people to click on your AdF.ly links, it is NOT a place to advertise sites to make money on the Internet. E.g. PTC sites. Any posts like that will be deleted and accounts removed. Read the forum rules Here and Here before posting.
adfly
Site Admin

NO SELLING ON THE ADF.LY FORUMS

Post by adfly » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:35 am

With immediate effect, any posts asking to purchase or offering to sell scripts on these forums will be deleted.

This includes adverts in signatures. There are more suitable places on the Internet to buy and sell.

Repeat offending accounts will be removed.

arnes_king

Re: NO SELLING ON THE ADF.LY FORUMS

Post by arnes_king » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:16 pm

OK , no problem , i changed my signature and i just want to ask you if it is now ok ? Thanks

adfly
Site Admin

Post by adfly » Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:31 pm

That's fine. But no selling over PM either!

arnes_king

Post by arnes_king » Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:35 pm

adfly wrote:That's fine. But no selling over PM either!
Ok no problem , i just sent a pm for selling but didnt read this before , so i am now sending to that person a PM that i dont sell it anymore :)

jioge

Post by jioge » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:40 pm

Do giving links to helpful free resources count as "selling"?

adfly
Site Admin

Post by adfly » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:18 pm

It is reviewed on a case by case basis.. anything that requires a survey completion or similar is the same as selling and is it not allowed.

MisterL

Post by MisterL » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:07 am

Have you considered an approved by you sales/services thread? I'm not sure why you made the new rule, but I can guess that your decision is based on protecting members and curtailing spam.

I understand you would get 100's of requests for review, and that would be extremely time consuming. Perhaps only allowing a certain number of threads for the same product/script/service/whatever would help. Maybe a paid to post buy sell trade section? That could combat scammers trying to just post on every forum they can, to an extent.

adfly
Site Admin

Post by adfly » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:31 pm

It possible we could do this in the future.

The reason is simply to protect adf.ly members (and ourselves) from fraudsters and spammers. There are better and more suited places on the Internet for selling this kind of information.

mattyrobinson

Post by mattyrobinson » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:30 pm

Forums where selling is allowed are just dominated by useless eBooks which are being sold to gullible users. I don't see why selling should be allowed here in any shape or form.

adfly
Site Admin

Post by adfly » Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:28 pm

You can, providing the information useful and relevant.

But you cannot start multiple topics advertising the same thing. If there is already a thread about it, use that one instead.

Bumping posts will not be tolerated either. If it gets pushed off the first page, that happens for a reason.