Watch the Ad, then use the tool (is it allowed?)

If your not sure what you can or can't do, discuss it here
Demiurgo

Watch the Ad, then use the tool (is it allowed?)

Postby Demiurgo » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:24 am

Hi.

It's my first post, and English is not my first language. Sorry if is my question is not clear enough, I'll add any information that you need.

I am creating a web tool that has no cost for the users, they don't have to pay anything at all. But the hosting must be paid, so I'll include link shorteners. The shortened links will give “credits” to the users, and these credits are necessary to use this web tool.

I've read the Terms of Use, and the only rule that could be an obstacle is this one:

“Do not offer any incentive for a visitor to click the AdF.ly link, including gifts/points/cash.”

The “credits” are no gifts, points or cash. They're the way that I choose to “sponsor” the web, just as any other webmaster does it. Instead of using a shortened link to access content, the users will get access to a useful web tool. Viewing (no need to click anything at all) one ad, they'll be able to use this tool freely for a certain time (an hour, a day...don't know yet...).

The tool will control the time left of use for each user, and will not show any shortened link until that time has not passed.

I think there is no difference between both things, but I prefer to ask it before start programming this web tool, that requires a huge database and a good hosting, and wasting my time and energy in this project.

Thanks in advance for your time.

Xellon
Forum Admin

Re: Watch the Ad, then use the tool (is it allowed?)

Postby Xellon » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:17 pm

Hello Demiurgo and welcome to the forums :)

To answer your question, It depends on how you go about bringing up the advert for them to continue using the web tool. Using the word "credit" is too risky. The concept itself (your idea) is fine and does not break the terms and conditions.

So for example, if you did this instead: Let users use your webtool for X amount of time. Have a pop up that says, "your session has expired. To continue using this tool, click here." The "click here" will redirect to the advert and back to the tool is something you can do.

This way, the user will want to visit the destination site (terms and condition 5, Do not ask/beg people to click on an AdF.ly link simply to generate you revenue, they must want to visit the destination website) and you can avoid issues with rule 4 as well.

Avoid using the word "credit" and avoid asking people to click the link like in the above example.

Hope this make sense?

Demiurgo

Re: Watch the Ad, then use the tool (is it allowed?)

Postby Demiurgo » Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:26 pm

Thanks for the answer.

I'll make some changes, perhaps it's better to use another method.

Instead of giving "credits", the web tool will let any user visit some pages, use the tool for a while and then, only then, the next visited page will activate the "Website Entry Script". The web already controls the navigation of the user, and this script can be used without any problem. And the user wants to use the tool (and he must visit the web to do it), so I think this is a better solution.

I also think that your suggestion is fine, and can do the same. The "credits" will be invisible to the user (I don't need to show them), and I still could use them to have my own statistics (I don't like Google Analytics).

Again, thanks for your answer.

Return to “Is this allowed?”